Back to Recipe Search
Carrot Ginger Soup
This delicious soup is perfect for a cold winter evening or a fun garden dinner in the summer. Light, and flavorful, with a lot of veggies for health.
- 4 Tbsp. extra light olive oil
- 1/2 C. onion(s) diced - (FODMAP)
- 1/2 C. celery diced - (FODMAP)
- 1 Tbsp. garlic clove(s) minced - (FODMAP)
- 1/4 C. ginger fresh, minced or grated
- 3 C. carrot(s) peeled and chopped (1/2" chunks); about 5-6 carrots
- 3 C. g.f. chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt or, to taste
- 1/4 tsp. pepper or, to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 C. orange juice
- 3 chives chopped or scallions, for garnish
- 1/4 C. sour cream - (FODMAP)
- Heat olive oil in cook pot and add onions and celery, cook about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger, cook around 30 seconds. Place all the carrots in the pot and cook till slightly softened, around 10 minutes.
- Add broth, white pepper, salt, black pepper and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer, cover and cook soup until carrots are tender, about 40 minutes. Remove bay leaf and add orange juice.
- In small batches, puree with a blender or food processor.
- Serve and garnish with a dollop of sour cream and some chives or scallions.
Serving: 1C.Calories: 107kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 2gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 400mgFiber: 2gSugar: 5gBack to Recipe Search