Back to Recipe Search
Butternut Squash Lasagna
Lasagna without any grains, who woulda thunk. Tasty and Healthy.
- 1 lb. italian sausage spicy, casing removed
- 1 red onion chopped - (FODMAP)
- 3 cloves garlic minced - (FODMAP)
- 15 oz. pizza sauce jar or can
- 1/2 C. roasted bell peppers red bell pepper strips
- 1/4 C. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 leaves basil leaves
- 1 sm butternut squash
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a sauté pan crumble the sausage and brown it, along with the onions & garlic. While that’s going, Poke a few holes in the squash with a fork and microwave for 2-4 minutes to soften and slightly cook the squash (cuts down on cooking time in the oven). Cut the top and ends of the squash off and peel it. Split it in half, scoop out the seeds, and cut into thick planks.
- Puree pizza sauce, red peppers, olive oil and basil in food processor or blender.
- Using a 9×9 oven safe baking dish, put down enough sauce to lightly cover the bottom of the dish. Next add the squash, trying not to overlap the pieces, then spoon on the sausage mixture, followed by the sauce.
- Repeat until all your ingredients are used up…trying to reserve enough sauce to cover the top of the lasagna.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45-60 minutes or until squash is softened.
To make it easier to cut the squash, poke holes in it with the tines of a fork and microwave the whole squash for 2-4 minutes. It will cut and peel much easier. If eating dairy, sprinkle a little parmesan cheese over the top for a real lasagna-like taste.
Serving: 1C.Calories: 327kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 14gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 7gSodium: 762mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gBack to Recipe Search