Back to Recipe Search
Breakfast Quinoa Cereal
This citrus-flavored quinoa cereal makes a protein-packed breakfast meal.
- 1 banana
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. cranberries - (FODMAP)
- 2 Tbsp. flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp. g.f. vanilla extract
- 3/4 C. orange juice
- 1 C. quinoa
- 2 Tbsp. ricotta cheese - (FODMAP)
- 2 tangelo zest the peel (1 Tbsp. zest), peel and cut slices in half
- 1/2 C. water
- In a medium saucepan, heat orange juice, water, vanilla and cinnamon to boiling. Add the quinoa and flaxseed meal. Cook according to directions or add quinoa and flax to boiling liquid, reduce to simmer and cook quinoa till it's sprouted, about 12-15 minutes.
- Let quinoa cool, then add fruit. Stir and top with ricotta cheese and sprinkle orange zest.
If you're avoiding dairy, omit the ricotta cheese and pour a little heated coconut milk for comfort. Interchange the fruit with your favorite flavors.
Serving: 0.5CCalories: 275kcalCarbohydrates: 50gProtein: 9gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 0.7gSodium: 20mgFiber: 6gSugar: 15gBack to Recipe Search