Back to Recipe Search
Black Bean Chicken Casserole
Good and heart-y. Delicious and easy to make casserole.
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 C. red onion diced - (FODMAP)
- 3 garlic cloves minced - (FODMAP)
- 3 chicken breasts skinless boneless cut into cubes or pieces
- 14 oz. black beans canned rinse and drain, no added sodium - (FODMAP)
- 1 C. g.f. chicken broth
- 7 3/4 oz. salsa de chile fresco - (FODMAP)
- 8 corn tortillas cut into small strips
- 1 C. cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 C. spinach chopped
- vegetable cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add onion and garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add chicken and cook thoroughly. Transfer mixture to bowl, stir in beans, and spinach.
- Pour broth and salsa de chile fresco into pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes; set aside.
- Spray baking dish with cooking spray. Cover bottom of dish with tortilla strips and layer chicken mixture and tortilla strips until gone. Pour broth mix over chicken mixture. Cover with cheese and bake for 10 minutes.
Serving: 1C.Calories: 330kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 31gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gSodium: 446mgFiber: 6gBack to Recipe Search