Back to Recipe Search
B. Philly Cheesecake
Fun treat for an occasional dessert
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 C. g.f. graham cracker crumbs or crush an 8 oz. box of crackers
- 1/4 C. butter melted, preferably organic
- 2 8-oz. blocks cream cheese room temperature - (FODMAP)
- 3 egg(s)
- 1 lemon finely grated, zest
- 1 pint sour cream - (FODMAP)
- 1 tsp. g.f. vanilla extract
- 1 C. pure cane sugar
- Crust:Combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl until evenly moistened. Lightly coat the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform or pie pan with non-stick spray. Firmly press the mixture over the bottom and 1-inch up the sides of the pan. Refrigerate the crust while preparing the filling.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cheesecake Filling:
- In a large bowl or mixmaster, beat the cream cheese on low speed for 1 minute, till smooth. Add the sugar and beat till creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat till combined. Stir in the vanilla, lemon zest and sour cream. Batter should be well mixed, but don't over beat.
- Pour filling into pie crust and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Water Bath:Set the pan on a large piece of aluminum foil and fold it up the sides. Prevents water from seeping into the seams of the springform pan. Set the pan into a large roasting pan. Pour boiling water into the roasting pan halfway up the sides of the cheesecake pan.
- Bake in 325 degree preheated oven for 45 minutes. The cheesecake should still jiggle. It will firm up after chilling. Do not overcook. No toothpick test, this will make it crack. Run a thin metal spatula around the inside rim of the cake.
- Let cool for 30 minutes. Loosely cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 4 hours to set.
- Serve with fresh berries.
To avoid cracks in the cheesecake, do not poke with a toothpick and use the water bath. Can also use the GFP's Grain-free Pie Crust.
Serving: 1sliceCalories: 330kcalCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 5gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 13gSodium: 208mgSugar: 19gBack to Recipe Search