Back to Recipe Search
Delicious treat for breakfast or brunch. You’ll love this delicious recipe, well worth the time to create.
- 1 lb. asparagus spears, cut into 1" lengths, discard ends - (FODMAP)
- 5 green onions chopped - (FODMAP)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 3 C. frozen hash browns partially thawed, drained
- 1/4 C. butter melted
- 4 Lg. eggs
- 1/2 C. milk - (FODMAP)
- 1/2 C. sour cream - (FODMAP)
- 1 C. swiss cheese shredded
- 1/2 C. monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1 Tbsp. basil leaves fresh, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, toss asparagus and green onions with olive oil and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Prepare crust by gently mixing hash browns with the melted butter. Coat a 9x13" pan with cooking spray and press the potato mixture evenly on bottom. Cook in oven for 20-30 minutes or until potatoes look golden brown.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and remove pan from the oven.
- Whisk eggs, milk, sour cream, cheeses, basil, ¼ tsp. each of salt and pepper, or to taste.
- Evenly distribute the asparagus and onions over the hash browns. Pour egg mixture evenly over veggies.
- Put quiche on middle rack; bake until filling is just set, 40-45 minutes. Turn on broiler; broil until cheese bubbles, about 2 minutes. To test if quiche is done, insert a knife in the center, if it comes out clean, the quiche is ready. Remove, let quiche rest a few minutes, then cut and serve.
Defrosting hash browns in microwave will save a lot on time. Or substitute cooked rice and parmesan for hash browns.
Serving: 1squareCalories: 381kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 15gFat: 30gSaturated Fat: 16gSodium: 287mgFiber: 2gSugar: 1gBack to Recipe Search