Back to Recipe Search
Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash
Yummy to the tummy fall treat.
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil heat till liquid
- 1 tsp. Coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
- Cut the acorn squash in half, lengthwise, scoop out the seeds. Place cut side down in a microwave-safe baking sheet or large dinner plate. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 10 minutes or until soft on the inside. Or place in a baking pan with a tablespoon of water in the bottom, cover with foil and heat in 400 degree oven for 50 minutes or until soft.
- In a sautee pan (or in microwave bowl, heat apples and water for 5 minutes), heat the water and add the chopped apples, stir for 5-8 minutes until the apples are softened.
- Combine sugar, pecans, oil, flour and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Turn each squash half cut side up and fill with apples, evenly divided. Sprinkle topping over apples. Cover with foil and put back in the oven for another 15 minutes. Or put back in microwave pan or dish, cover with plastic wrap and cook on high for 2 minutes. The squash should be tender, not hard.
If you're pressed for time, the microwave makes this a quick 20 minute recipe. Add cranberries or dried cranberries for a blast of color and flavor.
Serving: 0.5squashCalories: 210kcalCarbohydrates: 38gProtein: 3gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3.5gSodium: 9mgFiber: 5gSugar: 12gBack to Recipe Search